How to bet on basketball correctly?
Tips for successful basketball betting
Before you bet on basketball, use these simple but effective tips:
- Team lineups. A basketball team has 5 members, and about 10 athletes may take the court for the entire game. That’s why you should take a look at the lineup and analyze each player before you place your bets. Such parameters as the player’s form, his performance in recent meetings, the presence of injuries and other things are taken into account;
- Statistics. Need to take into account general characteristics of the whole team – its place in the standings, the importance of the upcoming meeting, statistics on the games of these teams, home or away is the match, etc. NBA games are played very regularly, so you won’t lack for statistics.
- The place of the meeting is not unimportant – it is always easier to play at home, because the athletes have the support of their public, and the walls of the native ice are warm. So even a clear underdog at home can win the favorite;
- It is necessary to know the health status of each of the key players. If one of the leaders is injured and will not be able to play, then there is a high probability that the overall level of the team will drop significantly;
- Choice of bookmaker. Minimum margins for basketball betting at 1xstavka and Marathon.
HOW TO START BETTING ON BASKETBALL?
At first, you should think about virtual betting, i.e. for unreal money. The feeling of betting is the same, but at the initial stage you will definitely not spend your money and can perfectly test different strategies.
There are currently two bookmakers with a guest account:
WHAT BASKETBALL BETS ARE THERE?
In basketball, you can bet on the following results:
- Victory of one of the teams. Only two results are possible here, because a draw in basketball does not happen. Sometimes the bookmaker may offer to bet that one of the teams will win in overtime, or there will be a draw in the main time.
- Handicap. Betting on a clear victory is not always profitable, especially when the clear outsider meets the favorite. To even the odds of these teams, bookmaker offers to bet with handicaps. In this sport, handicaps can be up to 25.5 and more. It means that the bookmaker’s office offers to guess if the favorite team will win with a margin of more than 25 goals, or less.
- Total. The most popular total in basketball is the number of goals scored by both teams during the entire meeting. It is also possible to bet on the number of shots, three-point shots, fouls and other statistics at different time points (the whole game, a certain quarter, two quarters). Also in basketball, one often bets on the individual player’s performance – time on the court, number of shots, fouls, etc.
- Position in the tournament. Bookmakers take bets on whether a certain team will make the playoffs, which place it will occupy in the championship. This applies to both the NBA and national championships.
- Comparison of statistics by quarters. The player is asked to guess which quarter will have more points, free throws, three-pointers compared to some other quarter.
- Game Comparison. A similar bet to the previous one. Only here the bookmaker chooses approximately the same strength of two pairs of teams. The bettor must correctly guess which of the games will have a large difference in points.
- Live betting. Events in basketball, as in no other game, develop rapidly. Therefore it is difficult to guess what will happen in the next 5 minutes of the meeting, so online betting is quite risky. Bookmakers offer all the standard markets for live betting. In addition, basketball is characterized by some unique markets: the total for the athlete, who will score the last point in the meeting, the number of fouls of the player, etc.
- Basketball bets can bring good profits if you know how to choose the encounters, study the team statistics and individual players’ performance.